Monday, August 24, 2015

Week in the Life Day 6



Definitely the highlight of my week was meeting this wonderful lady! She has been an inspiration since the beginning of my scrapping journey. I fell in love with scrapping by reading Creating Keepsakes magazine. Becky was one of the key contributors- her sketches have completely rocked my world. Its definitely the inner architect that loves straight lines. Then her hand lettering became the craze and then my inner creativity took flight! Fast forward a LOT of years and I bought the original 365 Project that Becky designed. While I was not successful in finishing the first year- I was completely enthralled by the concept of documenting our weeks ( hmmm...). A few years later I was definitely ready to try this again- and I've been documenting continuously since Dec of 2011- almost 4  whole years! 




So although there not all my regular scrappy friends could attend- there were a couple of us that could and we signed up early for the all day crop! I was going to be good and only crop ( and just in paper since I didn't want to spend $145 on electrical connection!!). Well that didn't quite happen ....

Lots of fun goodies to win- none of which I won of course. Oh well still lots of goodies that we got- each person got to pick one kit- I chose Heidi Swapp's Believe Memory File kit. I have wanted to do a mini book for my Christmas memories from when my kids were little so I thought this was a good choice. 


Paper scrapping again after a long hiatus - I still really love paper but I am very glad I have gone to digital!


The theme was Wizard of Oz - and some people went all out!!




A new friend Jennifer who really likes arrows - scrappers are so nice!

Now to the highlight of my day - the Project Life Booth was beautiful and so well organized.  This is the Prismatic kit that was stunning..





I got to chat with Becky's brother Kevin - who is even nicer in person than he appears online.  I love that Becky's hubby is so supportive of Becky's endeavors and is with her on these weekend jaunts.  This is so wonderful to see!!

Lots of fun contests during the crop - table decorating, costumes, scarecrows etc.  Here are a few pics of the festivities...



Overall a great day.  I missed out on the birthday festivities for Marco but I got a lot done and had a fantastic time.

No comments:

Post a Comment