Monday, May 16, 2016

Memorial Day Weekend Project Life Series

I've been sharing a series of layouts from last Memorial Day Weekend. I ended up with five 12x12 pocket pages and here are the last two. This weekend, the entire family was together non-stop. My husband has three siblings and each of them has three kids. Lots of cousins. 
Project Life www.paintedladiesjournal.com
Grandma had just got moved into my sister-in-law's home from the hospital and she was craving some time with her family, as were all of us.
Project Life www.paintedladiesjournal.com

I used the April Take 10 Kit for all five of my weekend pages to document everything we did together. I knew that I wanted to pair this particular card with a great picture of my mother-in-law. I cherish this selfie with my daughter and her, and so thankful for her smiles and willingness to do it.

Project Life www.paintedladiesjournal.com

Another great card from this kit for this weekend documenting. Since she had many titles, I added "Grandma", "Grandma Woo Woo" and "Mama G" to personalize this card. And I added the cute crocheted clip from Shepherd's Song Creations that was included in the April Take 10 Kit.

Project Life www.paintedladiesjournal.com


Here is the last pocket page from our Memorial Day Weekend 2015!

Project Life www.paintedladiesjournal.com

First let's talk about that top photo! I took a panoramic photo with my iPhone. It's not really smooth, but I gotta say I love how it turned out. It was a huge table and everyone tried to squeeze in for a family favorite - a dice game called Left Right Center. I brought the photo into the app "PicStitch" and put half and half across a 4x6 frame. Then, I brought it into the "Phonto" app and added the words, "Left Right Center". I lined these up on two 4x6 pocket cards and used the bottom half for title, journaling and embellishing.

Project Life www.paintedladiesjournal.com

I split one more 4x6 photo across two 3x4 slots. Be careful not to cut through a person's face when doing this.

Project Life www.paintedladiesjournal.com

I printed my journaling to fit over the blue journal card (I did a great tutorial on printing for journal cards) and adhered it with some of the washi tape from the kit. Then, I got use of another card and added a smaller photo on top. I created this photo size in that app, "PicStitch". That little flower die cut was created with the stamp set in the April Take 10 Glam Bag. Then, I used my chalks to color it in.

So, this wraps up my 5 pages of Memorial Day Weekend 2015. The last two posts can be found here:

Thanks,
Holly from www.PaintedLadiesJournal.com
Find me on Facebook and Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment