Thursday, January 14, 2016

Make No Little Plans - 2016 Scrapping Goals

So when Holly and I started our blog last year we started with a joint post on our goals for scrapping. Well we have been at it for almost 1 year and I think we have both accomplished a lot... But still there is always more to get done.

2015 was the second year that I am 100% digital.  I am still loving every.single.minute... With my crazy work schedule I find that I can get short bits of time to work on layouts through out the day - commuting to and from work on the train, traveling on an airplane or in the evenings. I don't have to "find" my stuff or pull anything out other than my laptop which I have with me all the time anyways! I have completed challenges at various stores (you often win freebies this way), have a few assignments on digital CTs (Creative teams) and generally kept up with Project Life.

Here are some of my favorites:

Using Janet Phillips templates from the Daily Digi and kit by Just Jaimee Storytellers

Glamour Ghoul collab by Libby Pritchett and Amber Shaw at Sweet Shoppe

Using Chelle's Creations and Prismatic from Heidi Swapp for Project Life


I also started a project that I have mentioned before - my Christmas Card albums. I have 6 years of cards already printed in 2 books. In 2015 I will add my December Documented (like Ali's Edward's December Daily - just not daily stories)

Here is the first of 2 Christmas Card books I completed


Officially I am complete through middle Sept, with several other fall weeks completed in Project Life. I have a Shutterfly coupon which expires on 1-31-16 so I am trying furiously to finish up... This is the first year I have printed a bound book - 10x10 size and I am loving this size! I do love the printed 12x12 from Persnickety but I only have so many shelves so something has to give.

I also have worked (inconsistently) on my vacation album from our trip to Spain last Dec/Jan. I am using the Month of Challenges at The Lilypad to try and get some of these missing pages completed. So far I've been very successful at using the challenges to fill these holes.

By the numbers- PL layouts completed - 110+ ( I did a lot of pages from our summer vacation)
Fun/Challenge pages completed - 60+
Spain vacation pages -40+
Challenges completed- Iron Scrapper at Scrap Orchard - 24+
CT teams -2
Guest CT- 2 teams


Studio Basics Hello World at the Daily Digi


So what are my goals for 2016.. as Daniel Burnham said "Make No Little Plans..."

Finish was my One Little Word last year and I did get a lot finished but I was derailed mid year by some extended family health issues and did not finish My Week in the Life- but that is life (pun intended!). I will have a full blog post about my project and my process using the Project Life app.

Finish my Spain trip album - and take some of my favorite pages and create mini albums for each son so that they can have their own  This album I am printing 12x12 through Persnickety

Finish my December Documented and Christmas card album for 2015.  Depending on the number of pages I may combine this with 2016... I love the ease and size of the Shutterfly 10x10 books. (will link you direct to Shutterfly site with affliate link)

Finish my 2015 Project Life and continue in 2016 - I love this project.  I may change it up a bit this year - blog post to follow on this too.

Continue on 2 creative teams - realistically work and family come first but I find being on a CT really helps grow my digi skills and my productivity and proficiency...Plus I LOVE playing with pretty new stuff (you noticed I never said I spent less digi scrapping vs. paper scrapping...)

Finally and most importantly I want to document/scan lots and lots of old photos, scrapbook layouts and memorabilia.  To that end I got the BEST gift ever from my hubby - A Shotbox! I don't know if you have heard about this yet but it will revolutionize they way I am able to incorporate memorabilia.
I promise to do a whole blog post this weekend but for right now I'll share some pics and a link to their website...Shotbox.me. (This is an affliate link so if you are so inclined to purchase I would love it if you used my link.)

Extremely portable and comes with its own bag - which was a surprise to me

I also got the side shot to photograph 3D objects

As I said the carry bag is awesome - everything has its own spot and can be easily carried on your shoulder.


So that's it...of course that is plenty!! I also will be a much more regular blog contributor - Holly as been doing such a fantastic job and as you can tell I have been creating so I just need to share more and more regularly.

Don't forget to visit us on Facebook and Instagram. Make sure to hit Like if you enjoy our content!

Follow us on Facebook and Instagram





No comments:

Post a Comment