Sunday, June 21, 2015

Using a Summer Theme Kit for Spring Photos

I'm super excited to contribute for the first time to The Studio 29 Designs Blog as part of the Take Ten Kits Creative Team. The June kits are unbelievable. I'm in love. Really. I just can't believe how much product there is here. I did supplement with some of the Citrus Bliss line. Did you snag any of that while it was in the shop?

Being in Chicago, I don't have a whole lot of summer photos just yet, but I'm going to show you how I used this summer kit for a warm day in April we had. I didn't necessarily want anything to say "Summer Time" but there were plenty of cute appropriate items to use for a Chicago April day. (If you aren't from these parts, Chicago's March through June weather is all over the place).



The "Keeping Cool" Popsicle Stamp set is adorable. I combined some stamping with some paper-piecing to make a custom popsicle. I love how it turned out. Just stamp your image on each color of paper, do some fussy cutting and then piece it together. 



I was hesitant to sacrifice a 3x4 card from the June kit to cut out some of the little popsicles, but thought they'd tie this page together well. So yes, I did some more fussy cutting for this. Well worth it.

Here's a few more details:





Thanks for stopping by today. I hope I inspired you to shake up your summer kits for use on outdoor spring days. ;)

Holly Genc


No comments:

Post a Comment