Tuesday, February 2, 2016

January Digi roundup

So a new feature that I want to start this year (and mostly to keep myself accountable) is a roundup of some of my favorite pages and projects that I have completed for the month.  I am very motivated by numbers and a recent conversation started on my Facebook group was asking us how many pages we had gotten scrapped in January.  At the Lilypad January is called their Month of Challenges - 31 different challenges hosted by several Pollys (their Design team), the Lilypad designers and the Admins from the site where you are "awarded" a $20 gift certificate.
It was the first year and I started the Challenge and I am happy to say that I got all the challenges done and upload yesterday early evening! I was actually several days behind when the weekend started but they took pity on us and made the last few fairly easy so I was able to catch up on the 5 days I had not completed. This Challenge taught me so much about how to speed up my process, effectively select templates and pictures so that I could not only complete the challenges but also be happy with the pages I completed. I did not want to just complete a challenge just to do so - I wanted to be able to include them in my on-going projects - finishing my 2015 Project Life, my December Documented pages and scrap more pages for my Spain album from 2014/2015.  Luckily I had already selected several Lilypad kits to use for these projects - and my PL pages can use any kit as long as it’s the same within any give 2 page spread.

In the midst of all this great scrapping I also did several pages for my CT teams - The Daily Digi (where we scrap in advance so I will share those in the future) and for Libby Pritchett's team at Sweet Shoppe Designs (where they will be celebrating 10 years this month!) AND I finished my 2015 pages to be able to print my last volume for 2015 Project Life (yah!!).

Overall  I am very happy with how much I accomplished and how much I have learned about digi scrapping to always get better at what I do! Without further delay here are some of my favorites…




MOC Day 27 - Just Jaimee and Mommyish collab - Rad Lad



MOC Day 20 - Scrapping with Liz Numbers template and Memory Pockets Monthly: Chapter (January 2015)


MOC Day 19  - Just Jaimee's January Storyteller


MOC Day 18 - Just Jaimee's Hunter Storyteller and I actually made an Art Journaling page!!

MOC Day 31: Pocket Page (this one was easy for me!!) using Just Jaimee's January Storyteller - the basic kit and lots of goodies that I get with VIP membership..

I even got a few more December pages done using Just Jaimee's Riley Storyteller kit and DYD 2015 papers




Can you tell I have a love for most things Just Jaimee??

But I also love, love Libby Pritchett's fun, bright style. From Libby Pritchett's store at Sweet Shoppe Designs i had several other favorites this month. A collab with Amanda Yi: Celebrate the Everyday



and this one from Libby: Put Your Records On



I even did a few pages to finish up my 2015 Project Life book so that I could order with one of Shutterfly's frequent coupons. This one I completed with the Project Life app and a few tweaks in Phonto. I even uploaded my own handwriting font!


So I will be making a regular post on my progress every month so that I can myself accountable and our readers inspired! Thanks everyone for sticking with me...


No comments:

Post a Comment