Friday, April 3, 2015

Mommy Daughter Trip Project Life Spreads

My daughter and I went on our first extended weekend trip together in January. She is my six-year-old kindergartner, and my oldest child of three. Some one-on-one time with a parent is scarce, so this was great for us. We flew to Connecticut to visit a long time childhood friend of mine, who also happens to have a kindergarten-age daughter. 



Can I tell you how fun it was to see them together?? It was like looking through a time machine mirror at ourselves. Hmm, good movie/book premise. I call dibs on that.

One really, really fun thing we did that I am so, so excited to share was some very special photos. I had taken some fun photos of the girls having some hot chocolate after a sledding adventure. They were sitting side-by-side at the kitchen island being goofy and having fun. Well, the next night, my friend and I re-enacted the photos of our daughters. It was too much fun. I highly recommend it.






I requested help from Jill's mom (and fellow scrapbooker) for some fun childhood photos of Jill and I. I thought this one was perfect. It's so interesting to compare all these photos side by side!


I chose to put the older photo on clear acetate and cover the back side with a vertical 4x6 card where I wrote some funny "how to" instructions. I wanted the photo to be by itself but still be "with" the modern remakes. The overlay effect with the acetate in a 5x7 page protector did the job. 



I'm really loving the white borders. This might be the new thing in the 2015 album. I usually hand-write my journaling but opted to print it out. Most of the cards I chose had lines or grid that I didn't want to cover, so I printed on vellum. 










Below are some close-ups of the details in these spreads. I really tried to use my stash in these layouts. The only newer items are the Studio Calico wood veneers. 







Happy Scrapping!
And special thanks to my bestie, Jill Winter, for letting me post these photos AND to her mom, Marcia Winter, for taking the time to send me some very special photos. 
xoxo
Holly Genc











No comments:

Post a Comment