Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Documenting Big Event Weekends with Project Life

www.paintedladiesjournal.com
Sharing a two-page spread today using the April Take 10 Kits. This spread continues the Memorial Day Weekend 2015 page that I shared last week. That post focused on fitting more photos into your pocket page layouts. You can see I'm practicing those same ideas again in this spread. How do you include bigger events, like a long Memorial Day Weekend that span several days and include lots of photos? I ended up with five 12x12 spreads that I jammed lots of photos into. For me, I don't have weekly spreads, so I figure it all balances out by the end of the year.

www.paintedladiesjournal.com

Here's a closer look at the right side. 

www.paintedladiesjournal.com

We decided to celebrate my youngest's birthday since everyone was already together. It was perfect. I found a hamburger cake that looked awesome! I took a chance and stamped right on the photo with that #celebrate hashtag stamp from the Hashtag Stamp Set. I say "risk" because my Stazon inkpad was dry, so I used my regular black. If you are in this same situation, you just have to be careful when stamping and then wait a bit longer for it to dry.
www.paintedladiesjournal.com

I used a flip here! (Fitting more photos!) and used the washi tape from the kit to adhere it and create a little tab.
www.paintedladiesjournal.com

When I was taking photos this weekend, I wanted to make sure that they told the story of all that we did. One big part of our weekend, was the big screen outdoor movie in the backyard. What a memory. I got a shot of the uncles putting up the screen and one with a silhouette of my son's head watching the movie after dark. I chose to print my journaling on vellum so the lines on that journal card show through.

www.paintedladiesjournal.com

Here's a closer look at the right side of this spread.

www.paintedladiesjournal.com

I really liked that birds on the wire card and chose it to create a little title card.  I used the stamp set that came in the April Take 10 Glam Bag to add a few "black" birds to the card. And used some of the washi from the kit to add more black.

www.paintedladiesjournal.com

I love adding little strips of typed journaling for those little bits of info I want to add.

www.paintedladiesjournal.com
In the upper right card, I layered two smaller pictures together. I created a little 4x6 collage in the PicStitch App and then cut them out.

This post is part of a Memorial Day Weekend Series. The last installment is coming next week.
Here is the first post of this series: Fitting More Photos in Project Life.

Thanks for joining me today!

Follow me on Instagram | Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment