Sunday, May 29, 2016

May PL app Roundup

I've been sharing this month all of my Week in the Life pages that I completed using ready made digi templates from Just Jaimee (you can go here, here and here to catch up) and now I'd like to show another way that I can keep up with documenting my memories.  As I have older children (really adults now but I am not that old so I will still call them children...) and I work full time I decided that I would do Project Life in a more monthly format.  I have been loving using the Project Life app to do some quick pages but also because I am constantly on the go for work or traveling for work (or traveling in a car to go visit one of said children) so I have a lot of time pulling out my laptop is not so easy!

I love the ease of the app - and the ability to have access to my full library of journaling and filler cards - or not... Either way I have the photos in one place with stories is the most important..  This month the schedule was crazy!!!! so easy is the name of the game.  I do my writing in either Phonto or in PSE 11. When they are all done I run Wendyzine's action (Studio Wendy) which adds a small drop shadow and resizes for Shutterfly (Last year I printed 10 X 10 books and will continue the same this year. It is the best combination of size and ease of handling!).  I will be creating a blog post about my whole process with the app, but in the meantime I wanted to share these...


Using the Just Add Color kit from the app - wanted to really highlight these panoramic photos


Using the Ready, Set, Go Value card kit from the app


Using the Just Add Color kit from the app.. Here I did add the text in PSE 11 because I wanted to really pack in a lot of information...


I had an afternoon free on a business trip to DC so I got a little museum viewing in at my two favorite museums!!


They had the most amazing nature photography exhibit - I could have had 6 pages worth - I loved every single one.  Using the Happiness Is edition kit in the app - and here I did do the writing in the app itself, adjusting the line spacing to get the  alignment I wanted.



Documenting another work trip in February, also using the Happiness Edition - however you could never tell that it is the same kit. Here I did the journaling in Phonto.


A third page using Happiness Is edition in the app, text in PSE 11 using the color of the background paper.

Hope you enjoyed my round up and can see some of the versatility in the app.  I'll highlighting a few more pages - using some cards from other kits, whether digi edition cards from Project Life or other digital designers to show off how you can document your memories on the go!



No comments:

Post a Comment