Saturday, May 14, 2016

Friday- Week in the Life Day 5...getting to the finish line!

I am loving that I am able to document so much of my life through this project. But even more than that its the stories that I have been thinking about that go along with those stories that I am so happy I can document... I will back to share a few more completed days on my blog

My new morning routine includes a shake drink - I am liking this quite a bit and it does keep me full until lunch.  Plus as a bonus I can add the caramel flavouring!!


Last work day this week...well at least in the office...


The sun is finally out...it has been days!!!  I take lots of pictures of the beautiful buildings on the way to my project meeting


I've been working on this job for the animal shelter and we are finally near the end of the road...




I love all the great project that our city has - its an amazing place to be an architect or an architecture lover!!


Who would have thought 10 years ago that city garbage cans would have solar compactors and seperate recycle sections...boy the world has changed alot when it comes to the environment, but it still has a long way to go...




Speaking of changes - who could have imagined 1 hour delivery from Amazon?  It can literally rock your world!


When the kids were little this is what we used to do on Friday nights - go to Menards or Home Depot and think about projects for the house or garden we wanted to complete.. the weather has been terrible almost all week so we just went here and found some great deals on bright plastic pots, drink tumblers, and solar powered garden lights....




We took advantage to go visit the mom-in-law at the nursing home. As difficult as that decision was she is in the right place for her - plus she just had her hair done so we had to celebrate!!


Final story for today - this little boy's Mom sent over some great pictures from last Saturday. We went to visit our Make A Wish kid 1 year after he was granted his wish to go to Hawaii! We saw tons of their photos and videos.  They had an amazing experience and saw so much... My son who is with him was also granted a Wish back in 2011 - and I can tell you from personal experience it was life changing...

My hubby and I are so happy to give back to such an amazing organization - we exclusively work with spanish speaking families - there are so many in this area who's children deserve a wish and their lack of english should not be what limits them from enjoying this experience!  Speaking of MAW we are visiting 2 new families this weekend to help them start planning their wishes! These 2 little girls (one is 3 and one is 7) both have leukemia - its hard to see them suffer so but they are so, so happy when they have their wish granted!! We have helped 10 kids now and we have been doing this for just shy of 3 years...

So I'll be back this weekend with a few more days completed in my album and pictures and words from this weekend!!  Go out and enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment