Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Project Life Disney Album: Part 1

I want to share my current favorite Project Life album. I typically do physical Project Life annual albums, but for this particular vacation album I'm working on a hybrid version. Oh, and it's DISNEY. OMG, so much fun to scrapbook. Our first Disney trip with little ones was this summer. (That could be another post on it's own: Going to Disney with a 5, 3 and 1 year old, YIKES) Before the trip, I bought into the Project Mouse collection by Sahlin Studio, which is fabulous. When you see it, you have to have it all. At least that's what happened to me. Ok, I didn't buy it ALL, but close. Why digital? Well, I had two reasons. My parents went with us, and they of coarse will NEED an album. Digital made sense. I couldn't really imagine making TWO of the same physical album. Instead, I do one digi design for two different album types. For Papa and Mimi, I'll just print a book. BUT, I couldn't go totally digital on my own album. As I create each page digitally, I also print the pieces and have a hybrid version for me. There is a really cool action for PSE that cuts your 12x12 layout into 6 separate 6x4 jpg's to print. Awesomesauce. I mean, really. The other reason for going digi/hybrid is that Project Mouse is all digital files. They don't sell physical cards. 

Cover Page. Project Mouse cards.
First tip I can offer from my own struggles: I stressed to the max trying to print a ton of journal cards to take on our trip. I imagined relaxing evenings after a day out and about, reflecting on our adventures and writing details on the actual journal cards that would go in my album. How cool. I'd just have to put them in the album and print pictures.  Well, needless to say, with 3 small monkeys, I mean kids, I was falling asleep before my head hit the pillow most nights. That, or sitting and staring, as I tried to find my brain at the end of the day. The ONE thing I did use were the autograph cards. Bring a sharpie and the autograph cards for characters' to sign. Of coarse, if you forget it on the last day and happen to meet your fave guys, Phineas and Ferb, spend $15 on a Disney autograph book and pen and get it anyway. You can scan it in and add it digitally to your Project Mouse autograph card. Not, that it happened to me....

Minnie has an adorable signature
Stay tuned for more Disney Album updates, as well as, tips and funny stories to go with them. See how excited my daughter was to meet Minnie Mouse? All my character photos include ME getting the autographs and you only see her backside in the photo. Such is life....

No comments:

Post a Comment