Friday, December 9, 2016

December Daily Catch-Up: Days 3 - 6 with Holly

I'm sharing more of my progress today on December Daily 2016. Go back to this post to see how I set myself up, to do this project as a digi book this year. I am still deciding whether I will print this as a 6x8 book, or print the pages and put them in a binder.
December Daily, by Holly of www.paintedladiesjournal.com

Day 3 was actually a two-parter. We spent the afternoon at Auntie Deb's making dough ornaments, before heading out to the Morton Arboretum Illuminations. I felt both deserved a 2-page spread. The first page features "Holly" papers & elements by Amber LaBau Designs. I'm also using her Story Grid, Vol. 2 (modified) on the left side.

December Daily, by Holly of www.paintedladiesjournal.com

Day 3, Part 2. The Morton Arboretum Illuminations was beautiful!
Credits: Amber LaBau City Sidewalks Pocket Cards & Elements. Ali Edwards' 6x8 December Stories Layered Templates.

December Daily, by Holly of www.paintedladiesjournal.com


Day 4 was another awesome holiday tradition that we just started last year, our trip out to a tree farm to chop down our Christmas Tree! This place is so picturesque, especially with the snowfall we got while there! I loved the horse-drawn wagon ride in the snow with those majestic Clydesdales!
Credits: Sahin Design's Holiday Collection, Template: Story Grids, Vol. 2 (modified) by Amber LaBau Designs.

December Daily, by Holly of www.paintedladiesjournal.com

With so many great photos and memories from Day 4, it got another 2-page spread. I had some sweet pocket cards from The Crafty Pocket. I suggest checking out her shop for some coordinating flair!
Credits: Happy ChristmasStory Grids, Vol. 2 (modified) by Amber LaBau Designs, Holiday Hand-drawn Phrases and Holiday Word Art, Vol. 2 by Ali Edwards.



Day 5, this was our tree trimming, which actually occurred the day before (shhhh!). When there is an event on the day, I put it in that slot. If I don't have anything related to that date, I fill in. This project is about doing what works and not sweating the small stuff. Like Ali Edwards says, "It's about the stories". Credits: MPM, December Wonder  and Ali Edwards' 6x8 layered templates.

December Daily, by Holly of www.paintedladiesjournal.com

Day 6, Brunch with Santa. Again, this occurred on Saturday, but I'm putting it here and talking about the kids pictures with Santa, or non-pictures.... I'm using the December Wonder MPM (a subscription at the Lilypad).  Most of the cards shown are by Paislee Press. This monthly collection is a collaboration of designers at The Lilypad.

Thanks for catching up with me and December Daily!
Holly | www.paintedladiesjournal.com
Instagram | Facebook



No comments:

Post a Comment