Saturday, December 5, 2015

Luly's December Memories..or my take on December Daily

So while Holly is doing her December Daily in a 6x8 album with the Take Ten kit ( which is adorable- take a look here at Holly's December Daily prep.....) I will doing a Digi version with some great products from The Lilypad. I'm already a regular subscriber to Just Jaimee's Storyteller Collection and Memory Pockets Monthly. They also have a fabulous DYD: Document Your December that they previewed for National Scrapbook Day in Nov. So of course at that point I was super excited to start my first official DD but life is crazy so I didn't quite get the prep time in that I wanted. But the great thing about digi is that you can catch up quickly!

I don't have young kids so I know I will not have a fun/cute/interesting story to tell every day so mine will be more of a compilation of December memories from 2015 as we tend to do lots of stuff right after Thanksgiving and right around Christmas when the boys are in from college.

I started the tradition of photographing my previous year's Christmas cards that I receive and adding them to a Shutterfly 10x10 photo book.  I have from 2009-2014 complete with a few more years photographed.  I think I have all the cards since 1990 (the year before hubby and I got married)- I know I am dating myself... so this is an on-going project.

My first attempt at this album 2012-2014 with 2009-2011 also completed.

I will add my DD pages to cards album.  I might add 2 years to the same album but I am ok with that as I might just do a monthly highlights page(s) in my regular Project Life album.. I have done plenty of December kit shopping to handle this (lol)

Here is my cover page


For this project I will use Just Jaimee's DYD  December Christmas Accents, 6 x 8 templates and papers, Just Jaimee's Riley Storyteller Collection (which has lots of gorgeous Christmas add-ons too), Story Cards No.2 by Sara Gleason, Amy Woods, Dots & DooDads,  Traci Reed's Stitched Grids templates and Ali's Intentions freebie on her blog on my cover.

I will do mostly 12x12 pages but I will add a mixture of 6x8 pages that I will cut down in width and add a washi tab to make it like a real insert in my Shutterfly book. I will be honest the different sized page protectors was one on my favorite parts of the physical project like that I did for 3 years.. I will use some of Just Jaimee's prepared 6 x 8 pages as an "insert" like in Ali's physical version.

Here is a 6 x 8  - fairly simple with great stories and a few embellishments
Just Jaimee's kit also has some great pre-done pages which I might include 1 or 2

I'll be back on Monday to show you my progress on the other days of December so far (although I won't be picky as long as it was after Thanksgiving!)

No comments:

Post a Comment